Friday 3 August 2012

500nl Session 1 Review

Hand 1: http://weaktight.com/4892334 - squeezing is the absolute nuts at zoom in general, way better than a simple 3bet. Probably something about the sizing making it worse for 4bet bluffing, or the perception that with a depolarised squeezing range we'd have more hands to 5bet re-jam, I don't know. All I know is it gets a ton of folds. Here flop has to be a bet for reasons of not capping our range and getting outplayed, turn is probably more non-standard though. I've almost taken checking the turn IP out of my game completely, instead preferring to bet 1/3 with everything. This has a lot of advantages.......... you get way thinner value than you thought possible, caps ranges for river bluffs, induce spazzes, stops us getting outplayed on the river by villain leading strong and probably turning stuff into bluffs, and occasionally we get super cheap folds.

Villain above is Soda4l, not got many hands on him but potentially he's capable of big leverage folds, or liable to make bad flop peels..........

Hand 2: http://weaktight.com/4892346 - it's strange to me how it's become pervasive that we shouldn't raise flops in position very much. Seems like a lot of the cool mid-high stakes guys say that 'for our range' we're better off calling in spots like these so as to 'rep more'. For me, I think it goes against the principle of being aggressive wherever possible, particularly when people play so bad to it OOP (I'm not excluding myself from that, it's just a fact that facing a raise OOP with say 77 on Q82r you're ahead very often but nothing you can do). On dryer boards, yes we initially only represent sets, but then it just seems like if people are thinking that then the answer is not to become more passive but rather raise more depolarised, tpt2k etc.

In this spot, at 200nl, they just fold. It seems at 500nl they know you rep nothing, rebluff, and then fold. Small turn bet in this instance to keep range wide and stop us losing on the river.

Villain above is komorolo22, so clearly the type to recognise lines that rep little, but who then makes very level 1 adjustments himself to it such as 3betting a dry board. Probably the type to call down 3 streets flopped middle pair on a turn overcard, etc.

Hand 3: http://weaktight.com/4892352 - similar sort of read on villain rutenij1 then to hand 2, namely that he sees we rep very little and it's an obvious CR spot, but then takes a terrible level 1 line to combat it by 3betting and repping nothing himself when a flat would easily win him the pot. I had to bluff river for the times he picked up 9x which seemed quite likely.

Hand 4: http://weaktight.com/4892356 - another reps very little one, he's made the kind of bluff that I've been making at 200nl that usually just gets snap folds,so I can see me dimadu are on a similar level here. He's seen a board that I miss but that I'll be cbetting often, raised 1n done to get a ton of raw folds, but then had the discipline to give up.

Hand 5: http://weaktight.com/4892363 - hand VS kid_canada6 , not sure I can find a fold after I underbet turn on a board with 2 flushdraws.......... don't know enough about this guy though, from reputation he's an extreme bumhunter and maybe not the type to ever be bluffing here on the river or turning pairs into bluffs. I'll have to pay more attention....... interesting he just flatted the flop though, he'd be much better checkraising this and all broadways GSs in my opinion.

Hand 6: http://weaktight.com/4892370 - initially in retrospect thought this was ambitious after he cbets into 2 people, but he's going to be cbetting any pair, I block 64, and his flop flat shows weakness. I imagine I got bluffed sometimes on the turn by a flushdraw. Villain is tomsOn and again I'll have to keep an eye on him.

2 comments:

Pawel said...

Inspiring and thought-provoking hands, thanks!

jjooeeyy said...

Def good reading!