Wednesday 11 September 2013

Mental Stuff for the Day

I'm up and ready to get my mental brain in gear and play some good sessions. Being mentally aware though, I'm aware of my thoughts, and I can recognise some faint areas of tilt to do with money lost recently etc. Injecting logic would typically say that 'no money has been lost, only invested in your edge', but it doesn't feel like that given a lot of it was likely spewed off with poor mental game.

So instead I think the logic is more along the lines of 'that particular downswing wave was always going to happen, the apparent free will that makes it seem that you caused it is an illusion as you were so mentally poor, and literally the only thing you can ever control is the present moment'.

I can still tell though that if I were to lose money today in this frame of mind, I'm going to be tilted by it. Kinda weird, it's like my brain is locked and won't come loose. I guess I need to do a bit of a mental warmup, perhaps watch some of the leggo vid of mine that just went up or read some old mental blogs.

Part of the skill of 'the mental game', is that if I'm not feeling it still in a little while, then I at least need to not play until the issues are resolved.

Actually, writing is perhaps helping. Getting sad at money lost is clearly crazy, and indeed I can almost feel myself loling at it now I think about it.

I'm going to go through some forum hands, watch a bit of a vid, and then play a session where I record my thoughts in a mental hand history again.

No comments: