Tuesday 1 April 2014

April Plan Of Attack

So.......... I won $3770 in March, plus bonuses, putting me at $4.3k for the year (though $3.5k below EV). Time to get this year properly started! I've not played nearly enough hands this year, 180k in total and that's pretty abysmal, though I've had a fair bit of life turmoil.

I had a realisation today that my laziness in part has been caused by how well Nic's business has been doing. I suppose I told myself that after years of supporting it I can afford to be lazy, but it's time to let go and actually have the business build up its profits rather than me constantly pilfering from it. I've made Nic swear not to send me another penny for anything 'life expensy', and that's made me super hyped to grind a million quality hands this month and really start building up some savings of my own.

Anyway, plan of attack for April is as follows:


  • Get up earlier, starting tomorrow, and instantly get in an extra 2k of hands every single day.
  • Super strict on reverse equity, happy to cede small pots.
  • Play fucking mental..... have people constantly second guessing, ceding small pots to me and then spewing in big ones.
  • Really concentrate on my opponents. Observe their hands after I fold, really consider how else they might've played it, and what it means for their general approach and strategy.
  • Trust instinct.
Aaaaand, that's about it. There's enough fish at 1-2 that it's really not important to crush every other reg out there, and you'd win at 2bb probably in doing just that. My plan though is to crush the regs, have a non-showdown mentality and see anything the fish offer me and coolers as bonus.

And that's it....... session reviews and updates obviously to follow......

No comments: