Monday 1 November 2010

November Session 2

7.5 for performance. I definitely improved as the session went on, but I was apparently a little tired early on and made at least a couple of peels that were too light.

I have the same feeling now playing Dodgy that I used to have with Chris. Namely that I waste brain power reading between the lines of stuff, and levelling myself into stupid plays.


$2/$4 No Limit Holdem • 6 Players • FullTiltPoker

Generated by weaktight.com.

UTGGoldeneyehd$418
UTG+1riprr$433.30
COHiro Gambler$193
BTNHero$433
SBprrrmiaow$542
BBBassStretcher$418.40
  • Pre-Flop ($6, 6 players)Hero is BTN
  • hQ cA
2 folds, Hiro Gambler raises to $10, Hero raises to $30, 1 fold, BassStretcher raises to $75, Hiro Gambler folds, Hero calls $45
  • Flop ($162, 2 players)
  • s5 c7 s7
BassStretcher bets $66, Hero calls $66
  • Turn ($294, 2 players)
  • dT
BassStretcher checks, Hero checks
  • River ($294, 2 players)
  • hT
BassStretcher bets $277.40, Hero folds
  • Final Pot: $571.40
  • BassStretcher wins $568.40 (net +$150)
  • Hiro Gambler lost $10
  • Hero lost $141




PF, the 3bet is mandatory VS a guy who flats OOP a lot. The small 4bet, I'm not really sure what to make of it....... had I just played it as my default read I would've folded, but then I made the mistake that I always used to with Gui and SUFFER, namely that I think 'they know I think they're nits, they gotta exploit this SOMETIME'. I flat, and my standard on the flop is to fold. I don't though, as I tricked myself into thinking that AK is planning to bet call, which I can take him off later in the hand. Hmm but I guess it's KK then. Just for that I'm going to stop PM'm him with fishy table names.

Moi_Rhums33, I had him down as a fish at first when he 4bet/6bet 54s CO vs BTN for 200bbs (I had QQ, we split), but turns out he's won a lot of money.

We played this hand: http://weaktight.com/2857625

I could talk about it a lot, but the gist is that I knew by this time he was a good player, knew that he'd know that I'd know he'd be less likely to have any nutted hands in his range after only flatting the turn, knew that I'd look terribly polarised overshoving, and knew that this was a funky way to play a flushdraw so I'd get less credit.

I'd already clicked sit out next blind before the hand though.........

moi_rhums33: lol wtf
grogheadflow: sorry was last hand
moi_rhums33: god jeez uare so bad
grogheadflow: here we go
moi_rhums33: u sit out$
grogheadflow: nc
moi_rhums33: obv im tilted
moi_rhums33: nice shove
grogheadflow: shove turn ldo
grogheadflow: gg
moi_rhums33: lol
moi_rhums33: if you want
moi_rhums33: I paid you to play me HU
grogheadflow: dude i didnt start talkin
moi_rhums33: yeah fine
moi_rhums33: IM just completely titled


http://weaktight.com/2857633 - this was a gameflow mistake. It came like 5 hands after I'd raised a fullH, bet turn shoved river and won a time fold. He rarely has the Ad here though, and I think had I made it bigger he might've folded.

In a couple of sessions I'll post a new widget. It's a graph, but instead of graphing $ it graphs cumulative session performance. Hmm just trust me.

dan

2 comments:

DODGYKEN said...

moi_rhums used to be very good I think and I played with him a lot at 5/10 in the past. He's definitely aggro and a levelly type though. I guess you know that now!

I hate playing at tables with people I know and I guess we'll just have to put up with it as there aren't many tables usually.

I actually don't think my 4-bet's that small in that hand - it's 2.5x and just about right I think.

grog said...

Yeah I don't think it's too small, I think it's just right, I just meant small enough to flat.