Wednesday 3 November 2010

Yesterday.....

I didn't end up making a video yesterday..... first of all I tried, but played like 2 minutes before I realised I was far too tired again. Important step for me to realise this and act on it so early, so please with that.

I tried again later on after a sleep, this vid went better but I stopped after 30 minutes as I wasn't feeling very confident/ slightly tired. I'll post the more interesting hands though:



$2/$4 No Limit Holdem • 2 Players • FullTiltPoker

Generated by weaktight.com.

SBWisdom9$446
BBHero$404
  • Pre-Flop ($6, 2 players)Hero is BB
  • d8 c8
Wisdom9 raises to $8, Hero calls $4
  • Flop ($16, 2 players)
  • s7 c3 c5
Hero bets $10, Wisdom9 raises to $32, Hero calls $22
  • Turn ($80, 2 players)
  • s3
Hero checks, Wisdom9 bets $60, Hero raises to $144, Wisdom9 goes all-in $406, Hero calls $220
  • River ($850, 2 players, 1 all-in)
  • s5
  • Final Pot: $850
  • Wisdom9 shows
  • sQc6
  • Hero shows
  • d8c8
  • Hero wins $807.50 (net +$403.50)
  • Wisdom9 collects $42 (net -$404)


The above had a few important features, one was the 'fold to cbet' stat which I use really often now. I use it because converges relatively quickly, and because I know my own fold to cbet stat I can compare the two and infer his range and also his likely tendencies.

This guy had folded to 1/10 cbets, with a 23/18 vpip I knew that in a lot of spots he would have a weak range, and thus be the type to make frequent floats/ moves to compensate for that.

I'm OOP here, and decide to lead into him. I do so as I don't want it to get checked through, but also because the spaz factor associated with leading gives me even more license to call down here or else get all in for value. On the flop I was planning to call the raise, then call down on any cards (except maybe very low ones).

His betsize on the turn though seemed like he was trying to fold out my perceived GSs, straight draws, and flush draws. This is always your perceived range when you donk, so I decide to put in a raise for maxium FOS'ness.


$2/$4 Ante $0.75 No Limit Holdem • 6 Players • FullTiltPoker

Generated by weaktight.com.

UTGHero$1,201.05
UTG+1ApobatesRacer$904.50
COsuzetel$504.20
BTNzachucsb$3,584
SBbischi74$175.60
BBbraddk$687.30
  • Pre-Flop ($10.50, 6 players)Hero is UTG
  • c9 d9
Hero raises to $12, ApobatesRacer raises to $40, 4 folds, Hero calls $28
  • Flop ($90.50, 2 players)
  • dT hQ c8
Hero checks, ApobatesRacer bets $64, Hero raises to $168, ApobatesRacer calls $104
  • Turn ($426.50, 2 players)
  • s4
Hero bets $244, ApobatesRacer folds
  • Final Pot: $670.50
  • Hero wins $667.50 (net +$214.75)
  • ApobatesRacer lost $208.75


Villain in this hand is Irishman from Leggo. Not too scientific, but I had a sudden blink moment that he'd fold KK, AA to me on this board to a flop raise and turn barrel. The possible made straight, the 3 likely sets, the 2 pair combos, and my 6 likely outs make this a good spot VS someone foldy like he is. I think he makes a mistake calling the flop folding turn though, fold flop or call down I'm clearly always betting the turn......... the turn betsize is good, basically leaves a 1/2 pot PSR on the river so the implied threat is huge.

Session 10 coming up........ up bright and early at 8.15am so hopefully I can score my performance at least 8/10.

dan

No comments: