Friday 4 February 2011

Current Things

A problem
Becomes a problem
When you lie to your friends
And, you lie to your people
Any you lie to yourself
...................................................
And only fools vultures and undertakers
Will have any time for you
________________________



Hard to know where to begin. Yesterday was a disappointing day, up 4 BIs after first 2 sessions, dropped 7.5 BIs on the last one. The session went on for too long, I was unaware of any dynamics for the vast majority of it, and I guess I was clicking buttons in all small pots and most medium pots waiting for big pots to develop.

http://weaktight.com/3206618 This hand I got wrong, and my opponent got right, though for all the wrong reasons. I've already gone into this hand deeply with someone on skype so won't do again, but the jist and lesson is that I need to stop putting my own thought processes onto others.

http://weaktight.com/3206623 Similarly, I have a hundred and 1 examples of this guy playing extremely weakly when deep. I mean literally he 3bets AA and pot controls J83r flops, or bets once OOP and checks twice.

Each to their own, but he's obviously very nuts or air here, where nuts cannot equal AK. But still, why do I even think him capable of running a bluff like this? Animal types! He's an afraid, terrified when deep, loss minimising scared weakling and I should treat him as such.

Anyway, I'm losing money in all smaller pots too, and my red line is dire which for me is usually an indication of something going badly wrong. My cbet has dropped to 55% again, and my 3bet down to 6%.

Too many tables? Indeed, but I think too many tables combined with a loss of purpose and a sense of inertia and a general lack of proper concentration are the biggest factors.

I'm going to try playing 1250 hand sessions and then review them on their merits, see how that goes. Goals and stuff, ratings and that. I think my general approach right now is the right one (listen to my instincts to make big calls and big folds and big value bets and big checks) but I definitely need to refine some problems, target some leaks, and generally berate myself a whole lot more................

dan

No comments: