Tuesday 13 December 2011

I keep looooosing

Felt the first slight dint in my confidence today. Just a run of spots where I didn't quite have a clear idea, and some spots where my plans failed:



$1/$2 No Limit Holdem • 6 Players • PokerStars

Generated by weaktight.com.

UTGdreamtech129$203
UTG+1ssde45788$200
COITGFAB$200
BTNfish0601$200
SBcool-lucas$190.65
BBgrogheadflow$208
  • Pre-Flop ($3, 6 players)Hero is BB
  • h4 h5
2 folds, ITGFAB raises to $6, fish0601 calls $6, 1 fold, grogheadflow calls $4
  • Flop ($19, 3 players)
  • h3 hQ sT
grogheadflow bets $12, ITGFAB calls $12, fish0601 folds
  • Turn ($43, 2 players)
  • s6
grogheadflow bets $30, ITGFAB calls $30
  • River ($103, 2 players)
  • d8
grogheadflow bets $160, ITGFAB calls $152
  • Final Pot: $415
  • grogheadflow shows
  • h4h5
  • ITGFAB shows
  • dJdQ
  • ITGFAB wins $405 (net +$205)
  • grogheadflow collects $8 (net -$200)
  • fish0601 lost $6

Well he didn't have the nuts, at least I got that part right!

I played ok the last session but still lost.

Runbad breakers:

Time on every decision

^ In fact, that's hopefully all I need. I was going to list things like don't be such a PF monkey play poker etc, but actually timing on every decision will result in me doing the right thing anyway.

Worst blog post ever.

Time to win.


2 comments:

rampage said...

grog--what was his range pre? not sure im a big fan of the donk. That board hits his range of broadways decently. How did he cbet? I would think he pot controls the flop a bit which gets you a freebie. Ditto on the turn. I'm not thrilled donk/calling it off on the flop.

I think i dont understand the games for sure. But would love to hear your reads/thoughts. thanks. great blog. write more

grog said...

Hey dude, his range pre is ~ 28%, so we get quite a few raw folds. Flop, we're definitely not donk calling this hand, OOP here with a 5hi flush draw, our draw is so weak that we just don't mind donk/ folding it. Other options kinda suck, CR leaves a bad PSR on the turn, CC means we have to CF the turn a ton when he barrels.

By donking small on this wet of a board, then either on the flop or turn he'll put in a raise with something nutted, ie 2 pair+. On the river at 200nl there's 24 combos of AQ+ that will never fold, 24 KQ/QJ that might fold, and 24ish combos of draws that we fold out. If he's always calling QJdd though it's probably bad, usually the absolute monetary amount of the overshove folds out most stuff at 200nl, and the 8 river isn't too bad at J9 came in for me.