Wednesday 21 March 2012

Zoom Blog

I think I'm a full convert to Zoom. I was very sceptical about Rush, until I realised my prejudice based on the same 'nobody likes change' attitude that characterised live pros' attitude to online poker when it first came about. Being able to sit down and play without hassle, and my current balancey approach to poker suit it well. I'm getting in 1400 hands per hour (it actually shoots way up if u try to go faster by folding quicker!). So far regs seem to be spewing like mentalists too.

Some sums........

1400 hands per hour. 4 hours per day. 31 days (yeh I don't have days off) = 173600 hands per month.

This is around 70k VPPs, which X 3.5 = around 250k FPPs per month which means $4k bonus + probably $1k of EV from the VPPs ladder thing.

So $5k bonus. And a winrate of 1BB/100 = $6920 in cash winnings. So $12k months, with a conservative win-rate.

What can go wrong? Well, we'll see. I'm dedicating the rest of this month to playing 4 hours per day as per the sums. There's 10 days left so that'll be 40k hands. Interesting to see what my winrate will be at the end of that. I think by dedicating myself now, I can address problems and iron out zoom-specific concerns before the 200nl version hits, and also not be behind any curve that might exist. So yeah, I'll post results at the end of this month....

Hope everyone is well.

No comments: