Saturday 23 June 2012

Session Review 1



Oops, well that didn't work out. Just one of those sessions I think, 30% WSD while playing 18/16 etc, but it's crazy how every losing session has to be 5BIs at the moment. To the hands........

http://weaktight.com/4791651 - wide 3bettor....... with value I think it's better to 4bet to a larger amount IP, just encourages more bluff shoves. Hate to fold after putting 19bbs in though, but I guess I can't have it both ways. Probably some strategy like: small 4bet with AA/KK, small with playable bluffs, bigger with unplayable bluffs and AK.

http://weaktight.com/4791654 - 40/34 fish. He'd opened tons, and I just weighted his weird limp towards slowplayed AA KK type stuff, especially as the hand played out. He was fishy enough to shove river for value VS those hands, and definitely all 2 pairs which are in his range if 65s is. Actually that last sentence I'm not certain of, which is a problem. I think this should've been a blocker bet spot, like bet 1/4 fold. $100 mistake or so.......

http://weaktight.com/4791659 - fish

http://weaktight.com/4791661 - terrible flop sizing on my part (and I actually thought it through, god knows how I got to this turn spot). On the plus side his turn range is weaker  than if I'd bet bigger on the flop, but I shouldn't have placed myself in a spot where I'm jamming close to 1.6x where I doubt I'm particularly balanced. Probably am in his eyes though.

http://weaktight.com/4791668 - reg. 39% CO open range here, 4bet % of 20% so I'm sure this is fine. More importantly, it's better than flatting and folding most flops or turns and just increases my overall aggression which when people finally catch on how I've changed PF will have positive implications for getting  value from bigger hands, etc.

http://weaktight.com/4791672 - opens 29% and doesnt fold to 3bets, a passive fish basically. 3bet is fine I think, isolating a fish VS an essential 29% flatting range just can't be bad. I shoulda folded turn to this size though, reverse equity all day and I need to be soul reading these spots better as well as not building massive pots where he's going to bet river a lot and we're forced to make folds or terri-calls.


Anyway, I was much happier with how I played and I just need to persevere and hopefully it'll turn around. Going to play another session now, big hands to follow.

2 comments:

DODGYKEN said...

33 - I hate these river spots. I think I do often bet small and fold, but it always feels annoying. It probably is the best line though. I like betting the turn bigger by the way, as I think he just isn't folding that often.

A5s - I think we want to decide on the flop whether we're playing a two street or three street hand. Here we clearly want to get it in on the flop or be able to shove the turn, so I think betting bigger is good. It feels awkward for balance though as most bluffs will be smaller. Although that might not be true actually - say we have AT with Ac we wanna bet big and shove club turns (sure there are other spots to do it too).

A2s - I think checking the flop might be better against a fish. We're not worried about being outdrawn/bluffed off our hand too often, and it lets him see the turn with the widest range. Not 100% on that line, but I think it might be good.

Pawel said...

@Dodgy

I disagree with the statement that we want to play 2 streets with A5cc. I'd say that because we have so many outs and because it's optimal to bet our NFD at least twice, then it is also great opportunity to win more money at non-showdown by betting standard amounts on the flop and turn and shipping 90% rivers.
I don't think there are merits in shoving turn - you just make Jx type hands very suspicious about the overbet. Standard bet-bet-bet line entails higher FE and wins more morey imo.

I also hate A2ss hand, 3betting A2s vs a fish who mostly plays all aces (out of which all are obv better) and cbetting it (we get value only from some Qx type hands, not enough) and check-calling this turn where there are no draws and Qx should CKB is very un-optimal I think.