Tuesday 26 June 2012

Session Review........ (3, is it?)

I've spent the last 3 days winning ~$6k at 200nl, which is a nice shot in the arm. Nicely coincided with changing virtually everything about my game, thus giving me the illusion that the sickest heater in recent memory is actually a feat of enormous skill. No matter, confidence is back, now I just need to keep control of that beast and put it to good use.

All the fun hands from the past two days...........

http://weaktight.com/4802690 - my strategy at the moment is to call down when people make no sense for the most part, and then adjust based on their showdown. There's just enough pure bad players around that the usual thing of 'rep nothing = something' I think applies less than I thought. Basically I'm not going to be upset if my instincts are screaming bluff, I make a light calldown, and they have top set. What is he doing, anyone?

http://weaktight.com/4802749 - the best way to get on top of a hand and one level ahead is simply to ask 'what does he expect me to do'. I'd have found a fold here in the past because it makes so little sense it surely means he has something. Looking at it from 'what does he expect' though, clearly he sees my range is wide, expects me to peel once with all Ax broadways and some random floats, and then fold turn on this betsize. If a different player took the same line it might be different conclusion I'd reach in terms of the 'what does he expect' but knowing this guy as an average to good 200nl reg I think my conclusions are sound. Annoying to stick in an overlay of money that when called we're behind, but he can have some random stuff to call worse enough here probably.

http://weaktight.com/4802697 - ramp up the aggression a bit.......... and people adjust by doing this.

http://weaktight.com/4802698 - I seem to be barreling 4 and 5bet pots most hands at the moment. Here he made a situationally good call, and I guess I'm unbalanced with my turn sizing in that nuts are certainly going smaller. Seems ridic to bet like $65 and call it off but I suppose it's just overall more effective sometimes.

http://weaktight.com/4802718 - villain is a fish. I'm really wedded to bluffing these small bets at the moment, like in 4bet pots where they bet 1/4 pot you just get such an absurd price on a small raise. Here this fish would jam anything good, so felt I could raise small, get some folds, but then find a way to make any flats fold on turn or river. K turn kinda interesting, not a pure protection jam as he turns a K with KT/ KQ as well as some suited Jx and 8x picking up diamonds.

http://weaktight.com/4802736 - thats a big fucking raise! This guy is far from the god of anything, and reps exactly nothing when he just flats my bets with stacks this deep. Don't get me wrong, VS someone better I'd assume they'd be more balanced with sets etc and it gets more difficult, but his raise size so polarises himself it even kinda blows out A3

http://weaktight.com/4802741 - similarish spot. The deciding factor on the call was that virtually all suited spades cbet the flop, Jxss being the thin exception...... while the backdoor flush coming in and my biggish river bet probably dissuades 6x from raising too.

http://weaktight.com/4802765 - fail VS a fish. A for effort though!

http://weaktight.com/4802767 - very ambitious from these positions.

dan

1 comment:

DODGYKEN said...

Changing everything has also coincided with me having a heater, so it's with 100% certainty that I conclude we're right!

99 - These hands just confuse me so much. I always wonder if I'd win this hand, or level myself into a fold. I think not folding good hands in massive pots is generally a good rule at Zoom.

88 - I like that thought process. I'd find this hand really confusing in-game, whilst still realising that he think I have Ax a lot. I think most regs expect you to fold AK on the turn yeah.

JQs - I think you need to bet smaller on flops. In 4bet pots I go 1/3 pot on the flop and turn, and it allows you to triple barrel if you want. If you want to get it in over two streets then obviously this is fine, but Pawel's comment in the other blog suggested that he prefers three streets anyway (although it was with the nut flush draw in that hand).

KAo - I know I'd never do this. I can see your point on the flop but I'd just worry that you're getting called on the turn more than you think, and we don't really have anything we can turn (other than a K/A). I'm not sure on this one.

Looks like I'm going to be putting money in when I think people don't rep much. Blame coming your way...