Wednesday 26 February 2014

Session #2 Review

I was playing well and enjoying that session, then a couple of tilting hands meant that I should probably take a break and come write this blog. Probably a decent habit to get into. I wish I'd kept my tables up though as I was deep on all and I can do so much more stuff.

http://weaktight.com/6518663 - first tilting hand, I think because my instinct was saying call the river but that just goes against all the evidence and everything I know about random fishes. If I had AKhh then it would've meant half the combos of A5s and so maybe I'd have called. Flop might seem like a 'wtf dude it's a fish just bet', but his range is wide and I feel I do better having him bluff or improve. Back in the day fish were different and it was like just go bet bet bet and they might cr bluff and spaz anyway, but yeh feel it's an ok played hand, with the caveat that if I were truly trusting my instinct I would've called river... but then it's probably a good fold anyway.

http://weaktight.com/6518673 - happy with this, if only because I didn't a) just autocbet the flop (dude it's standard wtf) and that I also didn't just rando jam or check the river, both of which allow him to play pretty well.

http://weaktight.com/6518679 - this was the 2nd tilting hand. Man it's probably just a fold but he was a total rando fish with wide stats. 43cc one time!

Not cbetting seems to be going well, just opens up so many more creative options for me. Back to it!

No comments: