Thursday 27 February 2014

Session #3 Review

Happy again with how it turned out, and I'm finding poker interesting again which always helps.

http://weaktight.com/6519801 - a non standard turn shove, but I think it's a million times better than cc for a few reasons. We're going broke to AT etc anyway on a blank, he isn't bluffing blanks (which might make river on a blank theory fold but still we're going to call expecting to see AQ sometimes) and cc just alows him to bink his draws, check back his weaker ace x that felt obliged to bet because of the need to be balanced or whatever.

http://weaktight.com/6519808 - again just remembering to handread here rather than be slave to a random 'rule'. Checked back flop as my default at the moment as I discussed in an earlier blog. Turn, not thrilled but he's not betting Tx and he picked up several draws. River is really close, as people don't *usually* bluff into a perceived range of top pairs and trips. Most just aren't capable- they want a really really high success % on their bluffs. This guy is capable though, and doesn't rep anything at all on the river because even though he might bluff he'd also just check Ax to my perceived Tx and bluffcatch it.

http://weaktight.com/6519822 - same villain, couldn't find a fold given the absolute strength of my hand relative to my range. Preflop, I'm currently flatting premiums when the first card is black, and 3betting the red ones. Might seem retarded to some but I'm happy with the randomisation it gives me.

No comments: