Tuesday 1 June 2010

May Review + Hands


Well, I finally made decent money in a month. Success is all relative, and relative to this year so far, this month makes me a world champion. I played a ton of hands (translating into ~$4k rakeback and bonuses), and can only hope that my belief that I've 'cracked it' in the second half of the month now translates into super success in June.
Some hands VS good regs:


http://weaktight.com/2361063 - I CR the turn as I think it looks super strong, and rarely expect to be shoved on when he flats the flop this deep 3 way. He doesn't shove over the CR... so hero call? On the downside, he is at least capable of value betting fairly thin (I think this is a snap VS yellowdawg or whoever for example).

http://weaktight.com/2361067 - We're HU at this point, this hand comes a day after the above (ok the hand was shown down). You see, when someone takes the exact same line fairly soon after a big hand then I get suspicious and think they're on the opposite of the previous hand, though I'm not sure if he's on that level, or even if it is a level. Whatever I'm sure the balancing posse will be proud.

http://weaktight.com/2361073 - yes PF is iffy, yes I should 4bet bigger and avoid being 'forced' to flat. When I'm playing well, I put a ton of stock in 'what does he expect me to do'. Here, does he expect me to fold PPs 4-J? Does he expect me to have some Qs in my 4bet call range, I think so. So, does he expect me to fold them? Hmmmmmm

http://weaktight.com/2361081 Lastly just a hand to get out of my system. He raged at me for this, but paying close attention to his betsizing on this wet of a board coupled with his PF stats meant I put him on exactly AK with like 90% certainty. So, he was going to lose this hand anyway had the river blanked off, I couldn't bluff before hand though as I wasn't sure he'd bet call at any point.

Hope everyone is well. Vegas 20th June - 20th July hopefully see some of you there.

dan

1 comment:

Martin said...

Hand 1: being deep on a type 4 board, dont u think we should bet bigger on the flop? Or are we better smaller so that we can keep worse draws in?
I think our hand doesnt look v strong when we bet so small on the flop, i mean if we have a very strong hand that wants to get stack in, we wd just pot it 3 streets with PSR of 13. So when we c/r on turn after betting small on the flop, our hand looks kind of FOS. River is really cool, but given ur read and u have the never folding image, i think i like a fold better. We need to be right 40% of the time, counting combos, i dont think we are good often enough.

Hand 2: sick levelling, really really like it

HAND 3: with TP and such a small PSR, can we really find a fold? i dont think we are good here tho.

Hand 4: Why are u so sure he will be checking river? u dont think he will ever 3barrel with air here?

Enjoy Vegas dude!! hopefully i ll get the chance to go nxt yr