Saturday 22 May 2010

Hands..........

I've been playing really well IMO, and currently have my mental and technical side pretty much spot on. As well as the humdrum standardish hands that I'm managing not to butcher for the first time in months I've also played half a dozen or so sick hands, a mon avis.

I have lost all of my last 10 big flips though, so results could be better.

Anyway, some hands where I'm unsure.

http://weaktight.com/2344658 - Carrotsnake, at first I thought this standard, but then I'm not actually sure that the number of combos when called that I beat > the number of combos that beats me. Txs must make up around 15 combos, JJ 3 combos, I'll give QQ 1 combos, possible hero calls from 99/88 = 3 combos, so 22 combos I beat VS 15 set combos, some random 2 pair combos and a few 7x/ a2s. I think it's super close to a breakeven shove?

Some turn spots:

http://weaktight.com/2344947

http://weaktight.com/2344948

And lastly some pokertainment. Boro featured in my last vid (and he's watched it and commented), and I said in that vid that I usually stay out of his way. This is the first time I've played with him since, and so I decided to go full throttle crazy on him. I got some reactions, of which one is........



$2/$4 No Limit Holdem • 4 Players

Generated by weaktight.com.

CO BOSKO1111 $405
BTN SETTHEACE $303.80
SB Hero $561.30
BB BOROVICH05 $400
  • Pre-Flop ($6, 4 players)Hero is SB
  • dA hQ
2 folds, Hero raises to $16, BOROVICH05 raises to $48, Hero raises to $108, BOROVICH05 goes all-in $400, Hero calls $292
  • Flop ($800, 2 players, 1 all-in)
  • c2 h6 sK
  • Turn ($800, 2 players, 1 all-in)
  • hK
  • River ($800, 2 players, 1 all-in)
  • d8
  • Final Pot: $800
  • Hero shows
  • dAhQ
  • BOROVICH05 shows
  • c3cQ
  • Hero wins $798 (net +$398)
  • BOROVICH05 lost $400

5 comments:

Chris said...

Hand 1. Jesus why are you overbetting. V.bad. You are delusional and basically bluffing.

Both turn spots are well played hands.

Martin said...

Love the way u play KQ on K76tt in the 3bet pot!! U mean boro was in ur vid part 2? or did u make a 400nl 1?

grog said...

Hmm Martin I think it's a little standard, but I really dislike shoving the times when I'm probably going to hate getting called. $284 in dead money by the turn makes it much better getting it in there than on the flop though. And honestly, the way he plays (pot controlling etc) I think he turns KJ into a bluff catcher here so I'm probably better shoving this turn with a GS or something rather than a situationally poor value hand.

Results- Boro folded whatever he had, zoanth had AThh for the NFD and called it off.

Yeh Boro was in the 2nd part of the 100nl vid, they guy who had white skeleton avatar. He posts on leggo under borow and some numbers........

Chris said...

No results for the Carrot hand?

grog said...

Carrot had 43s