Wednesday 19 May 2010

5 Days of Regime



I'm doing a good job of playing 400nl when clear headed, and 200nl when my light headedness abounds. I've been playing very well in my estimation, my 3bet% has gone through the roof but I take my foot off the gas when needs be. In terms of other technical stuff, I feel the most important re-learn has been to constantly ask the question 'what does he expect me to do with xx here'.

A hand:

$2/$4 No Limit Holdem • 6 Players

Generated by weaktight.com.

UTGS U F F E R$560.50
UTG+1BIRDDOG64$504.40
COADUBERT1$400
BTNELIASHARRIS$406
SBHero$581
BBRAFAELMADERA$505.50
  • Pre-Flop ($6, 6 players)Hero is SB
  • sQ dK
3 folds, ELIASHARRIS raises to $14, Hero calls $12, 1 fold
  • Flop ($32, 2 players)
  • cK sA h2
Hero checks, ELIASHARRIS bets $25, Hero calls $25
  • Turn ($82, 2 players)
  • hQ
Hero checks, ELIASHARRIS bets $66, Hero calls $66
  • River ($214, 2 players)
  • c3
Hero checks, ELIASHARRIS bets $301
  • Final Pot: $515


He's not good enough/ bad enough whatever to do this with AJ. He must know I don't have many big hands in my range, but I'm not certain he's good enough to capitalise on this. Saying that, it's sb vs btn and I have 2 pair. Call or fold?

3 comments:

Chris said...

Actual reads?

grog said...

Villain is mattboulding/ tim from 2p2. 20/16, I think he's pretty nitty, but a good enough nit. I've rarely if never seen him show down a triple barrel bluff.

I think I'd make this calldown VS stainless on the assumption that he can do this with AJ. If I'm calling down MattBouldin here, it would be for the different reasons that he's NOT capable of doing this with AJ. Does that make sense? Am I just conjuring reasons to call? Would you call?

MattUK said...

I agree, I don't think he does this w/AJ.

When I get back to my desktop I will look up a hand or two that I remember seeing him barrel recently. Might be Friday evening before I am back home though.

I kind of want to call but I am not so sure about this yet.