Saturday 15 May 2010

Day 2, Session Review

I met my session goals pretty well...... I'm going to add a new one, and that is to play creatively wherever possible. That was the theme of this session, and of subsequent sessions today.

Hand 1: Boring Hand- I didn't give it too much thought at the time, but I feel like I should either be betting smaller on the turn to get away on the river, or jamming the turn? Plumping for in between yields this river conumdrum. What would you do on the turn?



$1/$2 Ante $0.50 No Limit Holdem • 5 Players

Generated by weaktight.com.

UTG ILUCKYHATEME $362.23
CO IANMACLEOD $795.65
BTN ALIENALIAS $83.35
SB Hero $432.50
BB GUNRUNNER69 $133.39
  • Pre-Flop ($5.50, 5 players)Hero is SB
  • dJ sJ
2 folds, ALIENALIAS calls $2, Hero raises to $10, GUNRUNNER69 calls $8, ALIENALIAS folds
  • Flop ($24.50, 2 players)
  • s2 h3 h4
Hero bets $18, GUNRUNNER69 calls $18
  • Turn ($60.50, 2 players)
  • c2
Hero bets $42, GUNRUNNER69 calls $42
  • River ($144.50, 2 players)
  • s6
Hero bets $362, GUNRUNNER69 calls $62.89
  • Final Pot: $569.39
  • Hero shows
  • dJsJ
  • GUNRUNNER69 shows
  • h5d5
  • GUNRUNNER69 wins $266.78 (net +$133.39)
  • Hero collects $299.11 (net -$133.39)
  • ALIENALIAS lost $2.50


Hand 2: More interesting: I think Ike specifically is never folding an Ace on the flop, and BTN vs BB a) I should get less credit b)his range includes all Ax of which more are weaker than my own and of which none fold ever. I don't know if he'd bet call some T on the flop, but probably. The turn is my gin card obv given there are less AQs and now and doesn't complete any fullHs. River shove mandatory?



$1/$2 No Limit Holdem • 4 Players

Generated by weaktight.com.

CO BUTTERYHOTDOG $409.10
BTN ILUCKYHATEME $300.95
SB GUIGUI_88 $200
BB Hero $211.15
  • Pre-Flop ($3, 4 players)Hero is BB
  • cA dJ
1 fold, ILUCKYHATEME raises to $6, 1 fold, Hero calls $4
  • Flop ($13, 2 players)
  • sA hA hT
Hero checks, ILUCKYHATEME bets $8, Hero raises to $26, ILUCKYHATEME calls $18
  • Turn ($65, 2 players)
  • sQ
Hero bets $48, ILUCKYHATEME calls $48
  • River ($161, 2 players)
  • s5
Hero bets $131.15, ILUCKYHATEME calls $131.15
  • Final Pot: $423.30


Hand 3: Also interestingish.

Like, I could check this, but checking it means calling down 3 streets of which I'd be unsure, and there's a ton of value from pairs+oesds etc. We're deep, OOP, so is this a Dodgy special bet fold?


$1/$2 Ante $0.50 No Limit Holdem • 3 Players

Generated by weaktight.com.

BTN JC_13 $379
SB DARRYLWALKER $410.60
BB Hero $438.15
  • Pre-Flop ($4.50, 3 players)Hero is BB
  • sK cA
JC_13 raises to $7, DARRYLWALKER folds, Hero raises to $26, JC_13 calls $19
  • Flop ($54.50, 2 players)
  • hK sJ hT
Hero bets $34, JC_13 raises to $110
  • Final Pot: $198.50



Session goals:

Leave pots in which I have no equity alone when I've invested 3BBs.
Be much more aware of regular's betsizing on all streets and what it means.
Always play IP, if OOP then have a plan to CR x amount of flops.
Play creatively!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hand 1: You should be potting the flop and take it from their. What is this getting away from the hand crap. Go find a mirror. look into mirror. See a pussy looking back and slap him.

Hand 2: Flop cr standard. I kinda like a check/call on this turn card though. The Q and K are the only two cards I think i like a check. I feel like he can slowplay all his monsters and we are just betting into him like he wants. Whereas if we check he bets all his floats on the turn, but checks them behind on the river because they have sd value. He also bets all Ax that you beat, but probably wont shove them on the river. I'd basically check eval the river depending on what it is with this line. Thats if the turn is bet if it is checked we can then bet a whiffed flush making our hand look like air and get called lighter by the hands that checked the turn and are now a bluff catcher.

Hand 3: Marginal 1 pair oop deep hmmm. It's difficult becasue I think we could bet fold because I expect he is flatting all the draws KQ/QJ; hearts etc because they can call the turn also. But when we bet he can flat hands we beat also like KJ/JT that doesn't want to get in this deep, but then we have a problem on the turn and river. Checking also has its own problems. With the Ah I 100% check/call. I think bet fold is best of the 3 options.