Friday 18 March 2011

Good Advice

I gave this advice to Noel ~ 2 years ago. I need to take some of it!

Hi Noel,


So... bobbo's book forms the basis of my game, and for me the main points to come out of it involved barreling spots where no other reg seems to (ie you have 67 on 2410r, you cbet, turn is another 2- regs never barrel this but it is in fact a MUST barrel)... on top of this the concept of avoiding reverse equity situations like the plaque.... ie you call a raise with 55 in the bb vs a good aggro reg, flop is 267 "hmm I'm ahead of his cbetting range, I call". then turn is a 10 "hmm I know he's barreling this, I call again" river J "hmm I dunno, fold". So so much money is lost in these spots when you can easily predict the way the hand is going to play out on the flop, you're not seeing showdown cheaply in a million years and my standard is to fold flop here..... RE situations come up all the time and if I posted some of the flop folds OOP vs aggro regs on 2p2 or something I would surely get flamed to death.

I also bet the river lots and lots these days. A cbet flop, check turn (apparently giving up) then bluffing river is usually considered bad, but in fact regs always fold to this line (one of those so bad its good spots). I guess I turn made hands into bluffs on the river very often too.

Oh and I love love mixing up lines vs *good* regs, 'cos they all handread exactly the same and a simple flop check raise as opposed to a cbet, or a call with a set on a drawy board (assuming small PSR) just upsets their heads, and when confused they pay off really light.

I also never autopilot (re the boywonder thread) and only 4 table and concentrate fully on gameflow with the regs at all the tables.... thats it I think!

dan



Where to start. I don't wanna overdo the self hatred. In any case I don't think it'd be possible to overdo the self hatred right now. I have a zillion current issues that are fucking everything up. In no particular order.

Getting owned every hand by a hardcore of about 3 regs. Ericaontilt, Scheff, and Sundalyonly all share the annoying traits of never folding, always having the nuts, and winning every pot VS me. These guys obviously have my default game worked out, and I need to start getting much more creative on all streets.

Playing retardedly bad VS the mass population of mediocre regs. I've started spewing VS the spewers argggghhhhhhh.

Not listening to my instincts enough WR folds.

Autopiloting.

Acting too quickly in big pots. I need to really slow down with bluffs and value and really think about stuff.

Reverse equity. I need to make earlier folds.

Flatting the blinds too much.



I'm making a video now. That always helps.

dan

No comments: