Wednesday 17 August 2011

Session Reviews

Blah ........

I played 2 sessions. In the first, I had to abort hilariously after 9 minutes on account of my 'not light headed' rule. It's fine, it meant I won $78 instead of probably losing $1000 as per usual, but it is sickening how I can't quite my finger on the reasoning for it. I'm in the best physical health I can be (I know this from my footy playing), my diet has been superb of late (won't bore with the details), I'm drinking water, sleeping well, and showering before every session and STILL !!!

Some well played hands, here postflop is standard, but I think 4bet folding small VS this guy PF is super superior to flatting. Have a note that he flatted a 4bet with 87s, and he's only 3bet/5betting hands that crush me from these positions. I get the initiative, can rep more hands, don't get owned, etc. Just an example of a hand I play like this 6 tabling after some decent thought, but play in a shit manner 12 tabling.

Unfortunately I dropped $400 in some very very marginal/ bad hands. Here I lose around $100 every time I'm forced to call it off, whilst only picking up $26 the times he folds. So I need him to fold like 4/5 times. Now the reason I did it was because the btn had a 98% BTN open range, thus making a wide 3bet from the Sb more likely. His 3bet from that position in a vacuum was already 9%, but even given those variables I think 4/5 times is optimistic to say the least.....

This hand I have to put out there. Snap call PF, I assign weakness and wide range, decide he's FOS on the turn and go with it. Oops. Here's the thing about this hand, it's a really really subtle form of tilt. Seems like oh my god megatilt, but it's not. I timed, thought it through, decided to go with a sick read. Except I had no sick read except a strong feeling....... that is fine on it's own, but there is a part of me simply wanting to ramp up variance when a little stuck and I'm going out and I'm actually not light headed. This form of tilt may still be present, so it's important I slightly overcompensate on the careful side in order to avoid high variance 'sick' plays like this.

Here's another one. I could go into details, but essentially the hand is a 98% BTN opening range, that by the river has not changed very much at all. He would also pot control a lot of Ax along the way. I snapped the river as I do all my hero calls. I'm not too sad about this one.........



So happy enough anyway, need to crack on and play another session, with an eye on playing the same but folding early in ridiculous call down spots, just to be on the safe side. Any decent read though and I'm obviously still snapping.

Just need to go through the hands and make notes, drink a coffee, and should be good to go.........

dan

No comments: