Tuesday 27 September 2011

A small, healthy shock

I just played a bad session. Wasn't completely disastrous in terms of money lost, 3 BIs can happen, but rather the deterioration in the quality of my play.

With the run Manchester Utd have been having, crushing everyone and everything, there is just no chance that some form of complacency or overconfidence set in somewhere to let Basle back into the game tonight. You can be sure that after this game it won't happen again for a while, and because it is probably ultimately pretty harmless, should actually prove quite healthy. This is where I stand after my latest session.

Complacency and overconfidence is maddening. I know that winning at poker consistently is extremely hard. At least I know this in terms of the conscious part of my mind. 5 BI upswings render me playing like a moron though. Weeee I don't need discipline, or thought, and now I can actually play games with regs I hate just for the hell of it. Dan, you can be a real tool sometimes.

So not getting complacent is a massive goal for me from now on.......

Probably most controversial hand of the day (btw, I just literally copied and pasted this from pokerhand and it worked, good eh?)


Hand info:

Date:Tuesday, September 27, 04:57:26 ET 2011
Type:Cash Games
Game:Hold'em NL
Table:Pepita IV
Blinds:$1/2

Table info:

Posts small blind $1
Seat 1: Kiuhelbeker ($525.40)
Posts big blind $2
Seat 2: jackTO15 ($357.70)
Seat 3: NotACatOK? ($500)
Seat 4: TimStone ($522.10)
Seat 5: memphis1847 ($520.60)
Dealer
Seat 6: YaDaDaMeeN21 ($667.80) 
Dealt to NotACatOK?
 

Preflop: (Pot: $3)

RAISE NotACatOK?, to $8
CALL TimStone, $8
FOLD memphis1847
FOLD YaDaDaMeeN21
FOLD Kiuhelbeker
FOLD jackTO15 

Flop: (Pot: $19)

  
CHECK NotACatOK?
CHECK TimStone 

Turn: (Pot: $19)

   
CHECK NotACatOK?
BET TimStone, $14
CALL NotACatOK?, $14 

River: (Pot: $47)

    
CHECK NotACatOK?
BET TimStone, $32
RAISE NotACatOK?, to $96
RAISE TimStone, to $237
CALL NotACatOK?, $173 

Showdown:

SHOWS TimStone
 
SHOWS NotACatOK?
 
TimStone wins the pot of $584

Was just so hard to give him anything. The 1 A8s is not there because of PF stats, anything but perhaps a random AA is surely betting earlier given stacks and the urgency to get money in. I felt my river CR was fine, probably doesn't expect 8x to CR and I rep mainly weak hands turning themselves into bluffs. But timing wise etc I knew I was beat, he was playing 20 tables too! 
I can't handle the swings associate with playing deep atm, so important I cut that out. Shower now and last session of the day............

dan

No comments: