Wednesday 26 October 2011

Return to 400nl

I've decided to drag my meagre $11k roll to 400nl. Started well on Monday, up $1800. Tuesday, down $1800.

On the downer, I definitely played a little bad and also ran bad. I think there is a decent amount more PF aggression than 200nl, and I got sucked into fighting fire with fire a little bit. I credit a large part of my 200nl success to not overcooking PF at all. I flat QQ and AK in most spots to 3bets, I 4bet bluff rarely and in decent spots, and my answer to lunatic 3bettors is to tighten up PF ranges.

So, probably my (of late) 34/26 style isn't going to transition to 400nl too well. It's important that this adjusts organically though rather than as a function of me saying at the start of the session 'time to tighten up'. I just need to be more aware of the players to act behind me before I make any PF raise. There is hardly any part of my game that autopilots any more, but for the last month or so PF raises at 200nl I just feel like I can open a ton, so time to sort that out.

So I'm happy overall. Rungood please.