Tuesday 16 October 2012

Random Words Blog

I just feel like I have a lot of thoughts in my head at the moment and need somewhere to write them. I'm playing 200nl at the moment and it's boring me to death. So much so that I'm not playing anywhere near my A game...... this attitude has to change of course, but in the meantime there's little fun when people play so completely straightforwardly. And badly, of course, most notably in river spots where they have like zero bluffs but snap bet 3/4 of the pot anyway. Everyone also has absurd bet sizing and raise sizing tells, basically just completely unbalanced in every spot.

My gameplan has basically been to avoid variance preflop, play crazy in position, be a nit out of position, apply gazillions of pressure to capped and otherwise weak ranges by overbetting, being aware enough not to value bet when I have no bluffs and not to bluff when I have no value, and just trying to soul read hands as early in the hand as possible.

My house still needs another $10k of work doing to it. The builders are coming back in 13 days, and in those 13 days I need to play 60k hands and win at 2bb/100 to be able to finish the house and still have a (at a stretch) roll to play 200nl and grrrrind my way to higher stakes that I know I'm capable of playing and winning well at.

This equates to around 60 hours of play between today and the 29th October. I set a timer on my desktop to count down the time, and after a whole day's play it looks like this:


It's 10 minutes to midnight and I apparently have to play another 3 hours 46 minutes. I'm tired. 9 hours tomorrow then!


No comments: