Wednesday 17 October 2012

Session Review Blog

In my haste to say how bad everyone at 200nl is, I should probably have mentioned that I'm not winning at it. My hourly this month is -$1.74. I've never been good at playing lots of hands and doing well, and I think I need a few good shorter and thinking sessions to get me on the right track.

So I'm going to play a 45 minute session now and then review all the med+ sized pots.

Goals for the session:

  • Attack weak ranges, not strong ones
  • Time on close decisions
  • Listen to and obey instinct
  • Be aggro IP
_________________________________________________________________________________

Most contentious hand was this one. Established that turn should be a turbo fold, these check shoves virtually always are.........


$1/$2 No Limit Holdem • 6 Players • PokerStars

Generated by weaktight.com.

























UTGRobertFripp2$204
UTG+1Eleon0re$213.74
COHV71_forever$234.24
BTNhero$248.20
SBohh_yeah751$200
BBLur3mus$204.95
  • Pre-Flop ($3, 6 players)Hero is BTN
  • cQ hJ
3 folds, hero raises to $4.50, ohh_yeah751 raises to $16, 1 fold, hero raises to $28, ohh_yeah751 calls $12
  • Flop ($58, 2 players)
  • h6 s6 dT
ohh_yeah751 checks, hero bets $15, ohh_yeah751 calls $15
  • Turn ($88, 2 players)
  • sQ
ohh_yeah751 checks, hero bets $32, ohh_yeah751 goes all-in $157
  • Final Pot: $152
    Played well and happy though. I realise I've just been fighting back VS strong ranges way too much, leading to a spiral of despair and losing and loss of confidence and timidity eventually replaced by swinging too far the other way and bluffing more stacks in 16% UTG raises. Important to remember to quanitify our edge often as preflop VS postflop. If someone is too tight, then they allow us more stealing opportunities and hence our edge there is preflop. When someone is too wide, we flat or 3bet and abuse their weak range postflop. What we should not do is flat VS a wide range and then be too timid postflop, or 3bet bluff tight ranges with any regularity........ and if we do then don't go mental post.

    No comments: