Wednesday 31 October 2012

Time to grinddddddd

I was gonna title this blog 'grind of my life' or similar, but it sounded more like a euphemism for me having a terminal disease or something. This is basically just a self pep talk blog. Cliffs, after this I am fucking DONE with withdrawing money from pokersites.

 Two mediocre months in a row, September 'cos I definitely ran bad, October 'cos I was sick bored of 200nl Zoom and my play reflected that. Nevertheless, I got my bankroll to a respectful SSNL level, and now I have to withdraw virtually all of it to finish this house. $10k is coming out, leaving me with a roll most would consider small for 50nl! Luckily I feel super pumped and super on fire to annihilate 200nl Zoom in November. No more sulking that I'm not playing higher, no more feeling sorry for myself, no more giving the regs too little respect or too much. I'm just going to work hard, concentrate, make a ton of notes, play a ton of hands, and do well.

I've been playing without a HUD the past week or so. It's really helped me get back in the mindset of what's important in poker. Getting in the habit of relying on the HUD is a killer. In November I'm going to play sometimes with it, sometimes without it. I feel like I'm able to bring it back for now to get general reads on unknowns, but as soon as I feel I'm getting lazy and overusing it it's going to go out the window again.

Play goals (you've all heard these before):


  • Take time on decisions
  • Be crazy aggro IP, be a nit OOP (in general)
  • Board texture/ psychology approach (what is he thinking, what does he expect us to do?)
  • Always click button corresponding to instinct. Especially on river folds!
  • Attack weak ranges/ fold to strong ranges.
  • Reverse tilt when we lose.
3 minutes to midnight and I'm excited about playing for the first time in a while. Gogogogogogogogooooooo.

No comments: