Sunday 8 June 2014

Day Cooldown

I'd rate my efforts today probably 7/10, certainly 'satisfactory', but with lots of room for improvement. I was able to resist checking results for a long time, but having a low bankroll and losing a few pots meant the itch was too strong. This will undoubtedly go away once my bankroll increases slightly, but in the meantime I simply have to not energise the urge to check by actually doing so, rather I just notice the urge, face it, and let it go.

I kept a real time record of all my thoughts today which has trained my awareness decently. One thing I'm trying to improve on is noticing positive variance as well as negative, so I don't have such a naturally lopsided view of how poker 'treats' me.

I have though, really felt like I've made progress on turning around the mental oil tanker, and reconditioning it to be bothered about only the result of how we played rather than anything to do with money. Money won or lost is an illusion etc.

I've tried out a few more technical lines today too, specifically upping the aggression OOP after our opponent checks the flop and caps his range. I think most people are loathe to do a lot there facing a turn bomb and river overbet, that type of thing. Similarly 3bet pots, when we can overbet the turn when the PSR allows, etc.

I did make several mistakes today, but they're fine and part and parcel of a good winrate. Some I'm able to learn from, specifically raising strong draws in spots where 200nl regs are just going to jam for protection, whereas 500nl regs you can get away with it more. A better line is often to call the bet OOP, and then lead small if we miss.

Probably went against my instinct a few times today. Again, nothing major, but something to improve upon for tomorrow.

No comments: