Thursday 5 June 2014

Conclusion

I came to the conclusion today that as of late I have not been a theoretical winning player in the Zoom 200nl games. Saying this does hurt me a little, but I have to face up to it. I'm not running bad, therefore, I am playing bad. I also don't currently feel my edge at all, and have been going through the motions trying to sorta improve and grind but ultimately spending days at a time swinging 10BIs one way and then the next.

I always have a ton of concepts floating around my mind. As long time readers of this blog will know, I tend to focus on a few at a time, get it 'sorted' and then move on. What tends to happen though, is that whatever leak I fix eventually creeps back in. For example, say I want to focus on 'being sharp on finding spots to attack weak ranges', then sure I'll do that for a few sessions and be like ok that's done. And then, something like 'started snap clicking buttons' creeps in, so I'll concentrate on that, and before long I'm back to playing passively again and no longer picking on and attacking weak ranges. So as I whack one leak, another resurfaces. (See diagram).


So basically, when I learn these new skills or modes or whatever, I'm not sufficiently learning them to UC or IC level.

I have a decent plan for getting better though. Diagram below.


Basically, this pyramid shows the effectiveness of each mode of learning. I don't know exactly where 'writing an essay on the subject' fits into the pyramid, but intuatively it's going to be somewhere between 'practice doing' and 'teach others'.

So I've made a new 'technical concepts' blog. Each post is just going to be a concept that I write about to death, with HH examples etc. My hope is that by writing this, and continually returning to it, I will start to really cement some of these concepts into my unconscious competence and my intangiable competence.

I've really lost track of who reads this blog, and I don't really know if anyone still does, so if anyone wants to read the new one please just get me on skype and I'll make it so.

List of concepts thus far is as so:

flopzilla flop
my range in their eyes
reverse equity/ how it will play out
quick barrels ip are weaker?
quick river timing oop value?
snap flop assumptions
handreading/ assumptions
timing
snapshot of the payer
our range
CRing and abrreling different turns
4betting ranges ip, diff
stabbing ip
cbetting ip vs oop
assumptions
planning a hand

And I have some prioritized........ first is going to be about reverse equity.

1 comment:

Julian said...

Hey Grog, would love to read your new blog.