Monday 9 June 2014

Day cooldown

Happy with my play and mental game today. I've tracked all my thoughts again, and it's helping develop my awareness as I play. I'm able to shine light on lots of thoughts that would previously go unnoticed, except by my unconscious, which would take those thoughts; believe in them 100% and send me on megatilt.

Looking at them, there seems to be quite a few 'anxiety' based ones, like panicking about a big bluff. The logic that needs injecting in those spots is something like 'you've made the best decision possible, so be very happy whatever happens'.

A few cockiness ones too, I've rode a bit of a heater today and I've felt the odd pang of wanting to 5bet 75s really deep just for the hell of it, that kind of thing. Luckily I haven't acted on any of those though, as I've been aware enough to immediately inject the logic of 'money won or lost is an illusion, cockiness will soon send your play on nosedive'.

Technically, I'm having a lot of success with big OOP bluffs. I really feel 200nl is still really 'trend' based at the moment, and today I felt on top of a lot of the trends. I've also really been happy with my reverse equity play. This has come a whole lot easier when I look at each decision along the lines of 'how exactly is this going to play out on various turns and rivers', similar to a CREV sim actually. This also aids decision making on the next street, so for example if I'm calling 77 on 844dd OOP, I know that on cards 8 and down he's going to check down his bluffs, whereas cards 9 or higher I'm going to be faced with a decision, and that decision is likely to be fold. So when the cards come on the turn, I'm not ruing my earlier decision.

So yeah, more of the same tomorrow please!

No comments: