Friday 30 April 2010

Robusto!



I'm over the line! So, as I discussed last blog, the downward spiral all the way down to -$8609 was all at 400nl. The upward bit, all in the last 20k hands, has all been 200nl.

Success is all relative obviously, but I will say I'm happier with what I acheived in those last 20k hands than anything else I've done in poker. $41k month, cashing in the Irish Open, 6 consecutive $20k+ months etc didn't feel nearly as good as turning around my fortunes when my confidence was at such a low ebb.

Woo!

9 Hours of April left- 400nl for success!

4 comments:

MattUK said...

Keep it up Dan!

Ive had similar downswing since a -3k day to finish march. I think plo has helped me more than anything though.

Chris said...

Woo. How much did you collect in bonuses and rb?

grog said...

Matt I don't like to label my results this year as being a downswing- I haven't ran bad in all in EV, I haven't had a ton of coolers, if anything I usually finish each session feeling as though I ran pretty well- I've just been playing bad the whole time.

Chris- $2.5k ish etc, but who cares.

I'm willing to prop bet $500 to either of you either that:

I do over $20k in April,

or

Just a basic 'who wins more bet'

Conlon?

Chris said...

Might do, not sure. I am not fully set up yet. Will be playing v.few hands until Wed and even then will be on my laptop rather than my usual set up.