Monday 12 April 2010

Session Goals

I said something today to Chris in chat that I'm not proud of, but nevertheless it reminded me that is in fact the case.

He asked if I was winning. I said, whenever I try to then yes I do.

That sounds sad, but by 'trying to', I mean REALLY trying to. When I don't try, then I don't set session goals, don't review hands, and try to win every hand rather than maximize my earn.

I've really worked on the technical side of my game lately, and I feel like I've 'cracked it'. Like, really this time.

But, it's time for a renewed focus on the non-technical sides again.

So in this blog, I'm reviewing my next 10 sessions. Some rules of these sessions:

  • Each session <= 90 minutes long
  • All major hands reviewed here
  • Goals set before each session and reviewed thereafter

I'm aiming to win all 10 sessions. When I'm on my game, and preparing properly, I just don't think I'll ever lose.

Is all.

I should say about my session goals, they can seem strange, but they're my current hot potatoes. They'll change through the 10 sessions.

Right, initial session goals to be graded upon:


•skyward red line- commitment threshold
•nits not ever rewarded
•in general, just being more aware of reg 'animal types' and what this means
•no PF spew
•not too many ridiculous call downs to affect the above
•some creative play in there

I'm playing this for 75 minutes, then recording a separate session on Stars for a 100nl video.

I'll review session 1 with detailed HH analysis tonight, so check back.

dan

1 comment:

Chris said...

I inspire people. That's what I do. No need to thank me, the joy I get from knowing is enough.