Tuesday 18 September 2012

Doooomswitched


Not a pretty graph this month, ha. Believe it or not until the last bit I and the first bit I played good, but yeah probably 15BIs lost due to runbad and 11 more due to playing bad. Those $500 stacks add up you know, and in between withdrawing to pay for a half built house I've lost the roll to play 500nl for now, even with the extremely aggro bankroll management I was employing.

I can't wait for the fucking day I don't have any outgoings, no this that or fucking other meaning I have $18k months and find myself broke as fuck 19 days later. Money stress definitely contributed heavily to the downswing, and sometimes I wish I was just staked or something so I could chill the fuck out and win money.

Anyway, 11 more days of this month and I'm definitely going to be playing at least 5k hands per day of 200nl. This is 55k hands, and I'd snap take winning around $5k over that sample.

Techical stuff: I think I've been way too passive of late, I've gotten a strong feel the past 2 days that people are just folding to me. Obviously this could be variance, but basically my 18/14 stats and opting out of the PF wars is going to cost me some value with big hands. This is fine, but where I'm not adjusting is just putting people on one pair hands and going 3 streets a lot with bluffs. I played a session of 200nl prior to this blog and did this much better. Essentially, there's no excuse for my WWSF to be lower than 50 when I have such tight PF stats, and if people aren't hero calling or are making biggish turn folds with top pairs on wet boards etc then I just have to work out who those people are and abuse them more.

Important not to get too caught up in over-arching strategy thoughts though as it can cause overadjustment. Overadjusting leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to bad bluffs, bad bluffs lead to suffering. But yeah I think it's time I started using my tightish image a little more.

Other technical stuff........... I've learned a ton from the skype group I'm in at the moment; Adam, Jude, Zaza amongst others. Probably the main thing is a newfound ability to make biggish folds. Adam is particularly good at this........ and this improves me tons in spots like...... we have AK in a 3bet pot, King hi or Ace hi board, they check shove turn. Previously never folding, now its like 'ok they put us on AK and are check shoving anyway' leads to some very logical folds depending on villain obv.

Anyway, that's it. 200nl grind for a while and so long as I'm patient the money and stress free life will come eventually. weeee

No comments: