Monday 10 September 2012

Food for thought blog

Vegan food, obv.

I've had that 'minds gone blank, what is poker?' feeling today........ you know where you look at your cards and your opponent and see a flop and you know it's rainbow but then you have no idea what to do with this information. Or maybe you can consciously recall some elements of poker strategy but none of it seems to translate into a coherent plan or feed into any instinctive decision making.

Lack of talking about poker/ writing about poker/ making vids about poker likely has much to do with it. Leggo have been after me for a vid for ages now and tomorrow I'm going to do it. I also need to keep this much more updated with random strategy stuff to keep me in practice.

I did feel much more in tune the last session to be fair though. I've become aware of players adjusting to my constant flop raises..... FlyingSmile, KHK and some others have high raw cbet numbers but just CF every flop. Obviously my own adjustment has to be to lower my own raising frequencies VS those players specifically, and arguably I could look to flat wider PF. PFs boring though, not going to talk about it much.

Actually now I'm on PF, 3betting just doesn't seem to work at 2-5 Zoom. Well maybe it does, but it involves a lot of 3bet/5betting, and having the 5bet bluff strategy in place is bad for lots of reasons. What is still making me much happier is just flatting everything strong and then being annoying as possible postflop with flop and turn raises and overbets and underbets and whatever tools are at my disposal to rob people of money.

I've been finding lots of spots to use the turn PSR against people, often shortstackers but also 100bbs where the pot gets big. The kind of PSR I'm talking about is where the pot is $150 or something and villain has $250 behind. Depending on what result we're looking for, we can bet $48 and make it look like we're after max FE for the river and probably just be lightish for value, or we can go $108 and villain hates life cos it's just like we're never bet folding but with a weakish top pair or 2nd pair hand the $100 overlay that goes in only when they're behind makes life hell for them and depending on their level people find folds a lot.

Anyway I just wrote this to get some of my thoughts on paper and get back into the swing of strategy blogging and hopefully make my mind tick over a bit.

dan

No comments: