Tuesday 21 May 2013

Technical + Mental Update

My mental game definitely went off the boil in the past week. I realised this when I was again checking results, and talking about results, and planning my results. Total nonsense, so today I'm focussing on getting back into the correct mindset.

Technically, I *could* just cruise along the way I have been doing, and play well, but the lack of anything knew to learn was knocking my motivation. This is covered in MGOP1 as a common reason for lack of effort and motivation, so to that end I need to incorporate new conscious competencies to supplement all the unconscious competencies. I feel I can play pretty much on autopilot at the moment, but yeah I need to improve stuff, so........

To that end I'm looking at a few things; namely getting looser PF, and getting my WWSF up postflop. Winning pots with the standard bet bet bet line isn't a problem for me, I think I play those spots well, but where I am lacking is in the spots such as flop goes check check and I'm OOP....... I basically just auto cede pots too much when the flop checks through and I need to be aware that many of those are there for the taking.

In terms of PF looseness, I just need to start looking at spots where regs behind are tight to cold calls and simply open much wider. So, 83s in MP, with 2% co cold call and 3% btn cold call, probably becomes an open.

So yeah, those are my two things to work on at the moment. I need to make sure that incorporating these doesn't lead to other leaks, like for example I start getting too loose in reverse equity spots.


No comments: