Saturday 4 September 2010

04/09/10 Session 1

Weee ran hot, not in all in spots (quite the opposite actually), but in terms of running into megafish and also binking in big pots. Here's a reverse equity spot that in his shoes I'd fold the turn........


Or maybe not fold the turn, I guess I can have AQ. AQ is a fold for me there though in his shoes. Lets look at all the possible scenarios for him.

a) I'm on a pure float. Pretty unlikely. If I am, then I'm very likely shoving the river, and he should be aware of this. So, he's not calling 50 into 100. He's calling 350 into 100.

b) I hit my flush. Again he's not making a small mistake calling 50 into 100. He's calling 350 into 100!

c) I have a weaker ace. I guess this makes a turn call ok. It's really really really NOT ok though if he then calls the river.

http://weaktight.com/2643311 - megafish. DEEP. Shut eyes, pray, call.

http://weaktight.com/2643313 - this is obviously ridic spewy in a vacuum. I had decently sick reads though. He played 46/30, cbet all the time EXCEPT whenever he hit a pair, in which case he checked. Even top pair good kicker etc. I didn't just want to raise the flop as he was crazy enough to shove something, and inducing a turn bet means my bluff has to work less often and is thus more profitable.

As for goals. Felt happy, no reverse equity (though probably wasn't really tested) and I didn't spew PF.

Next session coming up..... dan

1 comment:

Chris said...

Not a fan of the QJ hand personally. But I guess this is what you do when you are playing at your best.