Thursday 16 December 2010

400nl Session Review # 2

A couple of bet check spots:

http://weaktight.com/3021631 - I'm pretty balanced in these spots on the turn, 100% of my range gets checked basically. On the river I'm deciding whether to bet or protect my check twice range....... I'm really undecided actually...... I should probably bet this one

http://weaktight.com/3021662 - so this river...... the thing is, he has a lot of Qs in his range so I don't think I'd bluff this. I was really undecided as to raise river or not, punishing unbalances such as this river betsize makes me really happy. What's most interesting from a range pov is his turn check. He folds to cbets only 40% of the time so he's floating a ton, but not betting top pair IP on this turn card. His turn bets are weak in other words.........

http://weaktight.com/3021650 - this ones a lot more meh. I think on an 8 turn a check is fine, but on a 6 I should just go ahead and pretend I have a flush draw.

http://weaktight.com/3021655 - horrendous flop spot (maybe a bit strong), but he's not betting this flop only once, I don't get value with a straight on a 4 straight board, I'm capped when I only cc this flop and turn, etc.

http://weaktight.com/3021682 - leading OOP in 3bet pots, was discussing this today..... basically that to play 3bet pots OOP we need more weapons than just 'make a pair', 'cr', 'cc/cs' etc. We decided that we can lead a ton as our range is so inherently strong, and theirs IP so weak in comparison.

dan

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hand 1: Defo make a bet. Obvy bluff there too after you check the turn.

Hand 2: Bet yourself. It doesn't matter if you have no bluffs in your range. There are some spots just like that. He has only one bluff in his range 87. Bet to get value from QJ/KQ/AJ w/e. I think this gets check back almost always. His bet is clearly retarded.

Hand 3:

Your making the mistake of becoming too passive when the board pairs. I dropped into this category for a while. You have to remember that when the 6 pairs it's effectively a balnk and he should be calling the turn again with w/e pair he peeled or draw, A high w/e & you would be double barreling all your draws here and you have few real value hands. Just read your comment so you realised this. I think the 8 only changes things slightly though, it's stil v. unlikely he has 1.

Hand 4:


I'd go ahead and check raise the flop/ stack off. You have the b/d spade which is nice a T could make you good also. Yeah and i'd never fold to a turn bet if i just check called the flop either c/c again or crai in rare cases.

Hand 5:

I'd prob c/c the turn. I don't expect to get folds from a lot of stuff inc AQ/AK. i'm surprised he did. We get jammed on sometimes and I can take advantage of floats.