Saturday 4 December 2010

Current Problems

I think my current A game is really good. I think my current Z game makes me the biggest loser at 400nl, and I think that my B game is the same as my Z game.

I made two big mistakes today. One was getting really tilted by chat, and the other was checking my results. The chat thing was just one of those usual haters (villain is MattTheCat if anyone wants to slowroll and win $50) type things, but for some reason it really riled me today. It was in conjunction with losing a ton of all ins as a huge favourite, and I spent 10 minutes arguing back before spewing off a ton of money on other tables.

The checking results thing...... well, I wouldn't actually call that a mistake in itself. It's more of a sympton of a terrible mindset that leads to terrible play. I couldn't help myself as I felt I was stuck a decent amount (not as much as I thought). Immediately after checking, I felt the effects.

The thing about not checking is that the benefits of not knowing only really build up after a period of time, so the bliss of not knowing a week in far outweight the benefits of not checking in a single 40 minute session. Looking at the results just sets me back to zero, but there's a pathetic needy side of me that doesn't feel the 'reward' of my efforts until I've some green numbers and some inclining lines.

I'd love to go all month without checking. I don't know how plausible that is though. My mindset is just soooo good when I have no short term care.

As for the chat thing, I just emailed support to ban my chat. Yeah sure I just shouldn't get tilted like that as a professional, but it's one area of work that just doesn't need to be there when you can flick a switch and turn it off.

Other general problems, I'm too loose UTG at the moment again. It means I'm not balanced frequency-wise when it comes to double and triple barrelling. I need to consciously give myself a pat on the head for folding 65s.

I only just discovered today the marking hands thing in HEM. I assume you can do that while you play? If so, that's going to really help me with posting all marked hands after every session. I really believe that constantly being in a critical mindset is super important. There's no such thing as 'well I know enough now, time to print money by playing a gazillion hands'.

One last general problem is the lack of knowledge of regulars. I'd say there's a band of around 25 FTP regulars who I treat entirely the same, and only through more regular session reviews am I going to be able to fix this blatent leak.

Session review to follow.

dan

No comments: