Tuesday 11 March 2014

200nl Session Review

I just played a session of 200 where I really opened everything up, putting on as much pressure PF as possible then looking to go a bit mental postflop. If there's one way you'd characterise the average reg at 200 it would be 'incredibly risk averse' and it felt good to be taking control of every hand and making things happen rather than sit there and wait for fish to donate.

The key thing with playing this high intensity a style is keep it under control. It's a very fine line between playing totally on the edge, and being a spewing clown. Knowing when to quit is even more important, and remembering to handread and profile regs and their tendencies also.

I had 3 big non-showdown pots that session where I lost $100 in each, but my red line was still up half a buyin and this bodes well.

No comments: