Friday 21 March 2014

Strategy Update

I played a 6.5 hour session last night, 11.30pm to 6am. My mind was in great condition and weirdly it all just seemed to fly by. I wasn't thinking about 'one hour, two hours etc' and instead just present in each moment. I think I made $80 or something.

I just played a session where I really felt in tune again, really had a good idea of what was going on in the big pots and was able to trust my instinct. Difficult to generalise obviously, but usually when I'm playing well I have plenty of correct soul reads in big pots..... I had 3 that session and was really happy a) that my instincts were correct and b) that I was able to implement it and not second guess.

http://weaktight.com/6576188 - this one's just basically about his in ability not to be able to resist raising the nuts on that wet of a flop (and also not capable of shoving Jx probably).

http://weaktight.com/6576192 - preflop and flop are standard, and on the turn his bluffs increase while his value range goes right down. JJ and TT no longer bet, and crucially he won't realise that he's flatting the vast majority of Qx preflop there (and also wouldn't go bet bet with QJo for example). So by the river, his range basically = his original 3betting range, but weakened, and so it's just about whether he'd try to blow me off my faceup hand. Him thinking he has Qx, but in fact doesn't, is important as I say.

http://weaktight.com/6576194 - not super happy preflop but felt I had to given the odds and the situation (very polarised), but flop is standard...... then on the river that turn check with a single PSR and super wet board and supposedly nutted hand (overpair+) just had me screaming wtffffffff and luckily I was able to click the correct button.

One current failing though is that my WWSF and red line have plummeted again. At first I couldn't understand why, I'm still being very aggro...... but then I looked up hands from the sessions where I won like 10BIs in non showdown and I realised that, actually, I was being a different level of aggro. Overbets are something I've seemingly forgotten about, and in 'pyscho mode' there just doesn't seem to be such a thing as a lost cause.

Example 1

Example 2

There's millions of examples like the above but I won't post them all, but basically the plan is to step up the aggression even more in future sessions.......

No comments: