Thursday 20 March 2014

200nl this month


I've been running hot and playing well at 200 this month, until a mini implosion the past few days where I dropped 10 BIs. Basically my mental game was pretty bad, I had bad life issues clouding my mind and distracting me, and the 10 BIs is therefore less a downswing and more of a 'deserved wake-up call'.

My style, sorta based on the realisation everyone now thinks I'm a nit, has been based on being super high intensity. Super loose preflop, loadsa 3bets/ 4bets/ 5bets, and then looking to really zone in when playing postflop and trust my instinct whilst avoiding reverse equity for the most part.

So this is just sorta a regroup blog. Until the past 2k hands I've had really good mental game..... an important aspect of playing loose and bluffing a lot is having real acceptance when things go wrong- they basically 'go wrong' all the time, but you have to learn to ignore the standard reflex to crawl back into a shell and/ or overadjust and decide the world just wants to call you now. Some people always call, some never call. Best to assume they never call (standard) and then colour them blue when they do.

So yeah, tis all!

No comments: