Tuesday 4 March 2014

Strategy Update

Had a good couple of days results wise until today, but I think it's fairly clear from my plummeting red line, WWSF and general poor results today (where I won a lot more big pots than I lost, and yet lost money) that I've allowed the leak of 'bleeding money' to creep in.

What I mean by bleeding money is the habit of having bets go in, without a very decent plan of winning the hand. An example might be that we 3bet QJ, check AJ5r, have an opponent stab bet the 9 turn decently strong, we call turn and fold river. It takes a decent amount of concentration for me to make the biggish early folds, as they're so often very non-standard and exploitable. Nevertheless, I think those big early folds or non-bets are a huge part of my edge and when they go out the window I struggle to win at a good clip.

Another example today http://weaktight.com/6534512, not my hand but I think today I would've played it the same, whereas it's pretty clear to me now (knowing the nitty and bad nature of the player) that it's a slam dunk flop fold.

Also out the window needs to go random flop and turn stabs that I don't then follow through on very hard..... rare is the actual legitimate '+EV one and done here' where a better solution wouldn't be to wait for a street and get more info. Auto flop stabs have crept back in, and so I need to go back to delaying. Other than that, I've probably not been going through the process of 'their range, my range in their eyes, their strategy' that enables me to make a decent amount of creative bluffs.

So yeah 2-3 things to work on, and I'll be aware of those going into the next session. Other than that I have a renewed focus on mental game...... basically trying to get back into the habit of zoning in during important spots, and analysing losing hands through a mental prism.

Back to it.........

No comments: