Friday 23 May 2014

Back into poker- update

I feel like I'm really making a lot of progress at the moment. I made an Ivey vid yesterday and had a great time doing the audio, all thoughts and analysis just seemed to flow into place. I'm posting a lot on RIO, in between like daytime chores and stuff, and just keeping my poker brain ticking over. I've watched 3 videos too, all part of just re-immersing myself in strategies and approaches etc.

One thing that's really improved is that in each flop and turn spot, I'm looking at what hands would go in cc, cr, bet fold, bet call, etc, and practicing doing this on each street really opens yours eyes to like, oh man this'd be a sick hand to CR bluff etc.

One thing I really want to focus on is to ZONE IN on postflop hands where I have a toughish decision. I'm autopiloting pf to an extent (though I am working on opening much tighter with 'red' (high 3bet) guys behind) but I then really need my narrative to kick in postflop before I just click a stupid button. So, that's what I'm working on during this next session.

No comments: