Saturday 31 May 2014

Warm-Up/ Cooldown

I played a session earlier where I felt a little rushed. I was going to the cinema in due course, and that may have played a part, but 'rushing' doesn't even make any sense in this context. I snap decided a couple of big decisions, and felt generally flustered. Not doing an adequate warm-up will have been largely responsible, which is what this is.

So basically, I just want to ensure that I expect 'annoying' or tricky decisions to come up, and really mentally prepare for them and expect them, and zone in take time on them, tune into the frequency of 'the player' and really feel what my intangible knowledge is feeding me back about what decision to take. So, no snap decisions will be a goal of this session.

Other than that, I'm really happy with my thought process at the moment, and I'm staying fresh in between hands by considering the implications of other hands.

No comments: