Friday 11 November 2011

Stuff ..........

Ran better today, played almost the same as yesterday though. Had a horror session late last night where I was $700 up on the day, and then out of nowhere had a $1.3k losing session. I'd been stalking this insane fish for an hour or two, was up and playing well. Then KK v AA btn-sb for a 500bb pot, then AA vs set VS the said fish for another 500bb pot. If you're wondering whether I should be stacking with AA there then check the hands where I finally bust him........

I also took a cc/cc/crai line with btm set on a dry board VS craz4liberty for $300, lost nutflush vs sorta unlikely fullH vs zaza, got set over set for another $200 on 854ss, and didnt win any pots in equal measure. Frustrating, and couldn't (couldn't really means wasn't strong enough to) quit because this fish was actually off the chart in wakiness and 300bbs deep. So I turned the $1.8k into $1.3k and as I went to bed I couldn't decide whether the feeling in my stomach was pure frustration, anger at myself, or just sorta relief for it all being over. In the end it was probably just hunger.

games are dead 1:

$1/$2 Ante $0.40 No Limit Holdem • 6 Players • PokerStars

Generated by weaktight.com.

UTGArmBelg$660.85
UTG+1Aik2k$587.50
COvanapeer$453.20
BTNgrogheadflow$485.95
SBRUrbach$798.90
BBBMW328$207.30
  • Pre-Flop ($5.40, 6 players)Hero is BTN
  • c3 s3
ArmBelg calls $2, 1 fold, vanapeer raises to $8.40, grogheadflow calls $8.40, 2 folds, ArmBelg calls $6.40
  • Flop ($30.60, 3 players)
  • cT h3 c8
ArmBelg bets $4, vanapeer raises to $31, grogheadflow calls $31, ArmBelg calls $27
  • Turn ($123.60, 3 players)
  • c2
ArmBelg checks, vanapeer checks, grogheadflow bets $86, ArmBelg calls $86, vanapeer folds
  • River ($295.60, 2 players)
  • d4
ArmBelg bets $2, grogheadflow raises to $272, ArmBelg calls $270
  • Final Pot: $839.60
  • ArmBelg shows
  • hQs8
  • grogheadflow shows
  • c3s3
  • grogheadflow wins $836.60 (net +$438.80)
  • ArmBelg lost $397.80
  • vanapeer lost $39.80

games are dead 2: 

$1/$2 Ante $0.40 No Limit Holdem • 6 Players • PokerStars

Generated by weaktight.com.

UTGgrogheadflow$970.45
UTG+1RUrbach$799.55
COBMW328$197.70
BTNArmBelg$273.40
SBlamster1169$468.65
BBTHEDUTCH4141$500
  • Pre-Flop ($5.40, 6 players)Hero is UTG
  • h5 s4
grogheadflow raises to $6, 2 folds, ArmBelg calls $6, lamster1169 calls $5, 1 fold
  • Flop ($22.40, 3 players)
  • s5 s7 hT
lamster1169 checks, grogheadflow bets $18, ArmBelg calls $18, lamster1169 calls $18
  • Turn ($76.40, 3 players)
  • c4
lamster1169 checks, grogheadflow bets $66, ArmBelg calls $66, lamster1169 folds
  • River ($208.40, 2 players)
  • cA
grogheadflow bets $880.05, ArmBelg calls $183
  • Final Pot: $1,271.45
  • ArmBelg shows
  • cQsA
  • grogheadflow shows
  • h5s4
  • grogheadflow wins $1,268.45 (net +$298.00)
  • ArmBelg lost $273.40
  • lamster1169 lost $24.40


Cloudy Mind ................


I've always had this thing that I talk about, 'brain bandwidth'. It's basically how much processing you can be doing at any one time. When I play 8 tables, my bandwidth is twice as stretched as it is 4 tabling, which is why I've settled on that for the time being. Other things also get in the way, real life stuff that bugs me like having not fed the rabbits etc.

I harp on about this stuff by the way because I think they just affect me much more than other people, or maybe they're not as aware of it and more willing to chalk up a bad run of results to variance etc.

Anyway, I realised today that one thing that absolutely does not help (especially when losing) is my obsession with months, and 100k samples. I was having a shower earlier as I do before most sessions and realised that where I usually get myself in the right frame of mind to play, instead I was thinking 'hope I win, hmmmmmmmmmm and even if I do, I'm still pretty stuck for the month, sigggggghhhhhhhhh'.

Results are such a stupid thing. When you know yourself to be a good winning player they actually serve zero purpose and actually do a ton of harm. It's like, oh I'm on a heater (I CAN'T LOSE, LETS MESS ABOUT A LITTLE), or oh I'm so stuck (SHIT NEED TO GET EVEN, RAMP UP THE VARIANCE, CONVINCE YOURSELF YOU SUCK), or even oh I'm winning at a nice steady rate (COMPLACENCY).

Results are nice to look at after a nice sample. Monthly probably should be the absolute maximum, and instead the only filter allowed in HEM usually should be 'today'. There's even an argument for ditching that of course but it's tough sometimes when you feel you're stuck a ton on the day.

Anyway I've ditched the 100k sample thing. Yes I wouldn't have ditched it had it shown uber crushage, but this blog and everything in it are only dedicated to my own pursuit of winning, and if something is hampering that then it's out.

And also the only filter I'm allowed in HEM is 'today'. That'll be my sole focus each and every day. 'Win, today'. Sounds ridiculous to go on about it like this but this stuff really does affect me.

Was planning to play again right now but I'm tired. 'Today' I'm up $510. I'll take that...... clean slate tomorrow and every day from now on...........
















3 comments:

DODGYKEN said...

Variance is a bitch. It really is massive now and it feels to me that the most important thing is working as hard as possible to make sure you're playing as consistently as possible. Seems like that's all you can really do.

In the 54o hand I assume you're opening because the mega fish is there. But you're oop against him and it doesn't seem like he folds postflop, so is that really profitable? Is the plan to completely give up without a pair/oesd, and then if we hit we're getting huge value?

grog said...

54 hand, I was opening everything to get in pots with the megafish and no1 was adjusting, still too loose though probably. the fish called 2 streets with any 2 and played close to 100% of hands, so my hand on the flop is close to the nuts, but yeh am always giving up without at least a pair/oesd.

Chris said...

Just think if you had my tiltbuster set up and you were forced to quit after losing 200bb from your peak!