Thursday 11 April 2013

6am Musings

It's 6am, I'm up ready to attack the day and get into a normal sleep pattern! Not really, I'm just about to go to bed obviously. Just thought I'd throw some quick notes down about stuff before I go to sleep. On a side note, anyone that says 'catch some zeds' needs shooting in the head.

A side effect of just playing more pot control VS fish and bad regs was that I noticed my wwsf for the past few days had sunk to an all time low of 42........ wtf! Checking my cbet stat, it had sunk to 33....... woah! So yeah, I'd gotten out the habit of cbetting and was ceding far too many pots. So I corrected that the last 2 sessions and had 50+ wwsf again.

Mental game was good today overall...... today was a decently hard test 'cos I definitely ran abysmally in about a million spots and previously it probably woulda spiralled. Finished $150 down on the day after being stuck $600.

I realised from reading Mental Game of Poker that my biggest tilt 'flavour' (or whatever) is Mistake Tilt. Basically making mistakes is the only proper form of tilt I actually experience. Bad beats (within reason) I'm fine with, coolers, fine. Mistakes though, I just myself getting angry at myself and for the next minute I'm much more prone to other mistakes.

Injecting logic such as 'mistakes are fine, they're part of learning and part of your solid winrate, the bigger mistake would be for this mistake to lead to worse mistakes' really helps. Also recognising that a ton of 'mistakes' aren't actually mistakes, like a thin value bet VS a fish on the river with 3rd pair and he just has top pair. Important to remember YOU'RE NOT GOOD 100% WHEN CALLED......... JUST MARGINALLY OVER 50% IS FINE.

I'm loving the game theory aspect of defending x% of my range atm...... just means I'm making tons of aggressive floats and raises....... you basically have to when defending 66% of your range on every street. I don't always do it, but in 100% cbet spots I'm defending at least the top 66% of my range and probably some more. It's really opened my eyes to, and quanitified, just how exploitable people are when they're clearly defending WAY less than 66% of their own range and we just get to auto profit on our bets. Example, I defended 66 on AA8 or something in a 3bet pot today...... I'd check down on blanks, but on the turn K to a weak barrel I double floated and jammed river. Hand history's here http://weaktight.com/5709088

Right m'off to bed. Plan for tomorrow is to have a haircut, realised today my last one was for my cousin's wedding...... last July.

No comments: