Sunday 21 April 2013

Mental Diary

Had some 'mistake tilt' creep in during my most recent session, and wasn't able to inject logic quick enough to be able to stop it causing me to make more mistakes. I then became aware of that mistake, and the mistakes spiralled......... that's why mistake tilt is the worst, it just cascades and things get worse and worse.

Mistakes are fine, and already built into a decent winrate. It's allowing mistakes to spiral that is the bigger mistake. That's what I need to recite to myself when making a mistake.

Actually in terms of the mistakes, they probably weren't actually bad mistakes; just running into the wrong hands and stuff. This hand for example, flop turn and river are all pretty much mandatory. The step up in stakes likely has something to do with it, my instinctive patience for the long game being tested through underolledness.

One other thing is worrying about the money lost........ it's really tough, but I need to remember that money is not won, or lost on a daily basis. It's simply an illusion........ at month end we can evaluate, but until then; even looking at your day's winnings gets you into terrible mental habits. I didn't win $900 yesterday, and I didn't lose $650 today. Understanding this and believing it is key to mental stability. I really need to get into this habit, so I won't be discussing $$$ results until month end from this point onwards.

In terms of technical adjustment, I had a few hands where I gave 200nl regs wayyyyyyyy too much credit 'would he really 4bet massive ep-bb 100bbs deep and have a hand??' (yes), and that's just time spent at 100 and thinking a step up would matter, without remembering just how little people do still actually think at 200 a lot. I think a general gameplan should be to play pretty tight/ solid at 100bbs, then look to unleash bluffs and stuff when I get deeper. I've talked about this before, just need to actually put it into action.

I'll play a short 30 minute session now/ soon and review all the hands here to get back on track.

No comments: