Tuesday 2 April 2013

Session Review

Happy with how the session played out, particularly my thought process and the mental aspect. After doing some work on exploitation/ re-exploitation etc I was very mindful not to fold VS wide ranges. Like, folding even 40% VS a 25% opener and 66% cbettor VS our, say, 6% cc range is a big mistake, and should be more like fold 30%.

Similarly, spots where our opponents cold call too wide I've just been looking to barrel off and make virtually their whole range (after calling flop & turn) a bluffcatcher. If they call light, then easy adjustment but I think the starting point should be to attack very wide.

Also getting a bit more game theoryish with calls. This being  the near top of my range and playing VS a wide range = call VS an unknown rather than worry too much that bluffing rivers at 100 doesn't happen too much.

Probably one misake in a middle sized pot where I should've trusted my instinct and folded turn. But overall good, even though I didn't want to say that.

No comments: