Wednesday 17 April 2013

Mental / Technical Update

Had a good 2/3 days in terms of $$, but the fact that I even still see it in terms is a symptom of mental weakness. Yesterday I was down $900 at one point, and at the point of being down a ton I'm actually pretty mentally strong. I came back to be up a buyin for the day. Today I'm up 8 buyins or so, and that's where the mental weakness comes in for me.... at least in the past. Winners tilt- comes in different forms, but for me it's the 'don't wanna lose this money I've earned' side of things. I then become aware of this, overadjust, spew off money, etc.

So what needs to change is the unconscious perception of how I view money and results. Essentially, the money I won today is an illusion. I haven't earned anything yet, and if I lose, I haven't lost anything. Of course, you should set a reasonable timescale for when you can decide that you've won xyz, but this should be monthly at a minimum. All I've done today is play x mentally good hours, and this will contribute towards my realising my edge investment at the end of the month. My default (which I very nearly did) of saying 'up 7 BIs, day's works done! Straight to the pub' is a pretty big mistake in this context.

Technically, plenty of leaks have been learned to unconscious competency level (at least for now) so I've been able to play longer sessions with less tax on the brain. This makes room for new conscious competencies to focus on, and so what I'm doing at the moment is working on having a spewy image again. Basically just gone in fith gear, 4betting 90%, raising tons of flops, barreling wide, but then not going so far as  to any ridiuclous spew in big pots. Might be an illusion, but so many of the winning pots today seemed like a straight up reaction to my annoying people. People at 100 just overadjust, do the 'monkey see monkey do' thing, and just stack baddddly.

http://weaktight.com/5726453 - tarp

http://weaktight.com/5726455 - I have bluffs on the flop atm, not really the river tho

http://weaktight.com/5726458 - crushed when the money goes in, needs a lot of folds

http://weaktight.com/5726462 - bad stack

Yeah thing image is decently important. Even bad regs at 100 will make OKish folds VS people they perceive to be not capable of bluffing. I know this from experience........ and it doesn't have to be a long term thing of changing stats, people get pissed off in a single session...... managing this side of poker is probably the most enjoyable part of it for me.

Right, another session now.........


1 comment:

Unknown said...

have you seen this thread yet?

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/174/poker-goals-challenges/destroying-500nl-zoom-minichallenge-1245943/index2.html