Wednesday 10 April 2013

Mental Fail

Well, only a very slight one, but a costly one. And it was very sorta circumstance-specific, ie it wouldn't have happened had the following two hands not happened consecutively and I had a second to inject logic and get over the tilt.

http://weaktight.com/5703255 - yeh, their calling range on the river is sets and trips, they're both calling either of these to a shove so gotta be a shove. Got coolered, whatever, these things happen and you still get to win at 5bb 'cos these are already factored in!

http://weaktight.com/5703262 - unfortunately the above hand hit showdown just as he bet this turn, and I was like 9% titlted and thought oh fuck it he can't have a flopped flush with this sizing and I look fos and he's never folding KK AA with a diamond etc. Bad logic, he's totally always cc KK or AA somewhere, and when I raise and he shoves I'm cruuuuuuuushed and probably don't have the odds at this point. So yeah I just basically needed an extra 7 seconds between hands and I would been fine here and gone call call and saved myself $100 or so. Oh well.

I'm just writing this to remind myself to take a very deep breath after any potential tilt hand and take extreme caution on any hand for the next minute or so.

The day is young anyway!

No comments: