Tuesday 2 April 2013

Session Review #1

Stopping and writing the last blog in that session was a really good move. I was stuck 2 BIs at the time because of this and this. The 87 I hate much less than the KJ........... KJ I was just sure he peeled ace hi on the turn again, but the shove is hugely bad just based on hand selection and positions and lol 100 really. As I said in the last blog, there's plenty of scope to be aggro at 100 but typically once the pot reaches a certain threshold people are going nowhere.

The 87 is like, he definitely only shoves Tx there, JJ+ gets 4bet preflop 100%, definitely isn't good enough to shove 99, etc. On the flipside, maybe I should just bluffcatch the 24 combos of JJ+ I always have there and fold the bottom of my range. Gotta make dems hero calls sometimes tho, so yeah I don't hate it, only the river really is close and he gets there with so much of his preflop calling range.

I have a definite leak of putting in too much money VS fish........ actually is crazy how bad I play vs them. Like the number of times I try a bet check overbet or something and get snapped by middle pair. Also stuff like this has to stop, I should just cc the flop and go from there rather than shovel money in without a decent plan to win the hand.

So current goals:

Be aggro in small and med pots, not spewy in big ones.
Don't spew VS fish.
Don't get it in too light CO-EP.

Mental Goals:
Video narrative on decisions
Realise that everything contributes to winrate, not just the winning pots. Folding the river well = winrate, losing the minimum = winrate. Good for mentality.

No comments: