Thursday 25 April 2013

Mental Game Update

Mental game has been good of late, though I may not have been fully tested with regard runbad. Still, I've had mistakes to contend with that I've been able to be ok with, and winners tilt to deal with too. One thing the past few days has been motivation........ I haven't read that chapter yet, but I've decided to have a pop at fixing it myself.

Basically, it's 11pm. I planned to play through the night, but I'm up for the day and ready to stop. Super poor mental game, and instead I need to realise that in fact until a suitable period of time (monthly at least) I haven't won anything. Plus, I should simply see the next 6 hours as a shift that needs putting in. Thinking like this, the MTT I'm entering in a few minutes now seems like something I want to really final table, instead of something to keep my session going an hour then bustout of.

Technical game has been good as well. I'm not particularly working on anything at conscious competency level at the moment, but I guess constantly keeping an aggro image whilst not getting spewy requries most of my thought. I think I'm quite sorta game theoryish in a lot of tough spots now which has freed up a lot of mental processing. For example, in this spot. Should I bluff river, or shouldn't I? Well it's close, and so I should bluff the rock bottom of my range and not bluff stronger hands than that....... hard to argue that 8hi on this board is about as rock bottom as it gets, so bluff it is. Bad example 'cos it worked, but I've had dozens of these spots lately, and when they don't work I'm just super fine with it 'cos, simply, they're not supposed to always work!

Playing $5 rebuy tonight to keep my sessions ticking over.

No comments: