Friday 5 April 2013

Musings

Decent consistency of late...... reading the mental game of poker every day has been a huge help, just to get me thinking in those terms really. I have a list of session goals that currently function as my 'conscious competencies', some of which are soon ready to be promoted to 'unconscious competencies' and thus making room for more conscious competencies to fill their place. Being aware of this stuff stops me having too many things to think about at once and overloading my brain and causing spew.

I think a big improvement has been, laughably, that I resolved to stop spewing to fish. Sounds insane, I would let them own my soul time and time again through not pot controlling, through 3x overbet river bluffs, through forgetting that my thin turn bet still means they might pot donk the river, etc. I think my competeitive instincts has been lacking VS them as well, like I hate to 'lose' to regs (where lose might mean not getting the maximum value or whatever in the 'poker' sense) but I haven't had the same killer instinct when it comes to fish. So yeah improving this has been a big help.

On the mental side, the constant reminder that every small decision contributes to winrate has kept my focus super solid too. Need to keep reminding myself of that though, it's not yet to the level of UC (unconscious competency).

Technically, I've been putting more into winding up regs with small amounts of aggression to enable them to spew. I think this is pretty important as I've discussed before. Basically have the image of a spewtard, but without actually doing a whole lot of spewing (maybe a ton of breakevenish flop minraises, turn donks, river minbets etc).

So yeah just wanted to write a blog while on a roll rather than after the usual 12 BI nightmare.

No comments: