Sunday 7 February 2010

Session 16- No More FTP!

Hands: 695
Net: $1197

Blah. Entirley my own fault. So anyway, although I do for reputational reasons have to fix my FTP PTR to a respectable level, I don't have the luxury of doing it this month. So, I'll ship $1k to anyone who catches me playing at the FT cash tables in the month of February. Assuming I do >$15k for the month (currently at $4.5k) I'm going to devote the whole of March to FT. Until then, I don't have the luxury of playing on there whilst being totally and irrationally devoid of confidence..

$2/$4 No Limit Holdem • 6 Players

Generated by weaktight.com.

UTGFreddyBleep$436.90
UTG+1racetothetop$544.10
COHero$789.90
BTNnoVaRaIn$604.10
SBDuugs$585.60
BBsyphoon$848.20
  • Pre-Flop ($6, 6 players)Hero is CO
  • dJ sJ
1 fold, racetothetop raises to $12, Hero raises to $36, 3 folds, racetothetop raises to $96, Hero calls $60
  • Flop ($198, 2 players)
  • c5 c3 dT
racetothetop bets $96, Hero calls $96
  • Turn ($390, 2 players)
  • dK
racetothetop checks, Hero checks
  • River ($390, 2 players)
  • s4
racetothetop checks
  • Final Pot: $390


What's the weakest hand you shove here, QQ? JJ too thin?

Anyway, I'm going to talk now about HUsngs. I played some $300s and $100s recently, and I really enjoy them. My thoughts are as follows:

1) you can always get action, as the person sitting doesn't have the luxury of sitting out when you sit!

2) the structure is actually pretty good. Better on UB than FT, ie you start with 150bbs, 5 minute blind levels. When the average stack to blinds ratio decreases to 75 bbs, then that's still plenty of play. Later on, when the blinds are even higher, plenty of limping means there's still a ton of postflop play.

3) I think they're going to be really soft. Tourny players with little concept of balance and serious postflop play abound.

4) Hit n Runs from fish don't occur. When they sit, their BI is in your hands!

5) Return. I don't know what the best possible average return is. I do know that playing 10 $300s a day, and winning 6 of them, will net you $600 a day. Playing 20, $1200 a day, and so on.

So, I'm going to play a ton more $100s this month. HEM tracks the results, which is nice, and if it goes well I could see myself playing a ton of $300-$500s next month.

I'm going to play some now on UB. dan

No comments: